Saturday, February 4, 2012

Why Does My Child Come Home From School With Different Hair Style?

My 6 year over the course of 4 months has been coming home from school with her long hair done totally different then she left with that morning. I thought it was of her doing but now I don't think; some styles are way too hard and at her back where she would have needed help. Upon asking her, she only clams up saying, ';I don't know.';


Can someone give an reasonable answer for all of this or advise me what is the best way to handle situation. Thank you.Why Does My Child Come Home From School With Different Hair Style?
You need to just keep asking her, but don't get angry with her. Ask her if a friend has done it for her, tell her it looks pretty and make her relax.





Of course you could go to the shcool and voice your concerns to her teacher who may be able to enlighten you :)Why Does My Child Come Home From School With Different Hair Style?
Maybe the person that sits behind her is doing it?


Just a thought...


It sounds like maybe you think an ADULT is doing this?


Suggestion: if this were my daughter this is how I would handle this.


I would tell her that I liked it - very much and would love to tell whomever did this to possibly be available for a party and do other girls. (you have to think like a 6 year old here)


IF she still says, ';i don't know'; then by all means say, ';awwwww I sure wish I knew so I could thank them because it's beautiful and you'd like to get a thank you card for them';


For whatever reason she's not wanting to tell you..she might think you don't like it and will make a fuss with whoever is doing it. Use reverse psychology.
Does she ride the bus? Maybe there are older girls on the bus that want to give her makeovers. :) These girls might make her feel special because she gets to hang out with the big girls, and the big girls probably feel admired by her, almost a big sister feeling. :) My guess is if they are more complicated styles, older girls are doing it. You could talk to her teacher and ask if these styles are being created in the classroom, and if they are, you could ask her teacher to please intervene and stop the glam sessions. :) If they are not done in the classroom, you could talk to the bus driver, and ask her to move your daughter closer to the front of the bus... Then, her 'big sister' friends could still sit with her, but the bus driver could keep an eye on them. :)
Is she in before care or after care? If so, maybe the person that is watching over them is doing it? In our school some of the high school kids come down as part of there classes to watch the kids in these programs and the younger girls love to hang out with high school girls. Maybe instead of playing with the other kids she's letting them do her hair. If your daughter isn't answering you just ask the teacher, maybe it's happening at lunch? Try to speak to the teacher during pick up time or send her an email. Good Luck
I know my daughters have done through this and it's always some girl on the bus or at recess that wants to play hairdresser..but it's not that safe....LICE....she'd come home with different ponytail holders and i was ewwwwwwwwwww....NO more....lol be nice and talk to her like a friend in this situation be like oh your hair looks beautiful who did it?? then you can explain to her the risks of that...
I know in daycare I had to do several hair re-do's due to the hair being so messy after naps and lunch. I am not sure why she would be coming home from school like this-I would definitely get to the bottom of it though.
Hi blue jay,


Maybe she just has a very talented friend, but that is something to question. I would write a letter to her teacher. I would be concerned that someone may be touching her inappropriate ways.
She and her friends probably play with each others hair. Or maybe her hair gets in her face and her teacher pulls it back for her or something like that
i tottaly agree with the person above me! you need to use some good old reverse psycology on her! It always works!!
Ask her teacher! Probably an older child did it.
ASK HER!
something is not going right. check on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment